T: Were they American?
|I was||we were|
|you were||you were|
|he/she/ it was||they were|
Were you at school yesterday?
Who was with you?
You weren’t at school yesterday.
She wasn’t with me.
T: Did you play football yesterday?
v Mikołaj played football yesterday.
x Marek didn’t play football yesterday.
? Did you play football yesterday? What did you do yesterday?
- When did Laika (Łajka) travel in space? She travelled in space in 1957.
- What did she travel in? She travelled in Sputnik 2.
- When did scientists launch Gagarin into space? They launched Gagarin into space on 12th April 1961.
- How long did this flight last? It lasted 108 minutes.
- How many times did he orbit the Earth? He orbited the Earth once.
- When did Tereshkowa travel into space? She travelled into space in 1963.
- How long did she stay in space? She stayed in space for 3 days.
Exercises with regular verbs
- Exercise with pictures
- Change into Past Simple
- Use the verb
- Is spelling difficult?
- Ten sentences
- Another ten sentences
- Big set of questions
- All in one
- (być) be – was/were – been
- (łamać się, tłuc się) break – broke – broken
- (przychodzić) come – came – come
- (robić) do – did – done
- (pić) drink -drank – drunk
- (jeść) eat – ate -eaten
- (spadać) fall – fell – fallen
- (zapominać) forget – forgot – forgotten
- (dawać) give – gave – given
- (iść, jechać) go – went – gone
- (mieć) – have – had – had
- (znać, wiedzieć) – know – knew – known
- (uczyć się) – learn – learnt – learnt
- (robić, wytwarzać) make – made – made
- (mówić, powiedzieć) say – said – said
- (mówić , rozmawiać) speak – spoke – spoken
- (brać) take – took – taken
- (powiedzieć, opowiadać) tell -told – told
- (myśleć) think – thought – thought
- (pisać) write – wrote – written